Monday, August 10, 2009

How to Write Your Own Memoir

Dear wonderful friends,

I am on Oprah's email list - you know we are close ;), and this was in my inbox the other day. It reinforces what Heritage Makers does - and what Heritage Studio provides - a "jumping off place" and the path to the journey of preserving and sharing their story.

Excerpt from article:

Writing is the way I ground myself, and it's what keeps me sane. Writing is the way I try to make sense of my life, try to find meaning in accident, reasons why what happens happens-even though I know that why is a distraction, and meaning you have to cobble together yourself.

- Abigail Thomas

Click the link below for the complete article and even a guide for with prompts for writing a life story - a memoir (click the link below):

http://www.oprah.com/article/oprahsbookclub/readinglists/pkgsummerreading/200808_omag_memoir_how-to


And then, when they have written...then what? Do the words and memories get forgotten? Was the process and effort worth nothing - especially to generations to come?

That's when we realize the power of and need for Storybooking.

This is a wonderful article to read for ourselves and to share with our friends, family and clients.

Thanks Oprah - again!

(Remember, Oprah chose YOUR product as one of her "All-Time Favorite Gifts" - not just last year...ALL-TIME.)

Thinking of you,

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment