Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Bring Heritage to Your Home...With Easy and Fun Heritage Makers Products

The following ideas are submitted by Heidi Arave and other heritage makers. They are all created with Heritage Makers products and a few additional, inexpensive materials:

I have been writing storybooks for over seven years and with every book I publish I am just as excited to get it back as I was with my very first book! With Heritage Makers large product selection I am now hooked on Heritage Makers home decor! That’s right, home decor made just the way I want it and with my favorite stories, pictures, and values!

The 12×12 pages can be used for so many things! Rather than putting posters of famous athletes, movie stars or super heroes on my son’s walls, I created 3 12×12 pages with a photo on each page with a big word below it and a definition. Here are some of the words I chose to teach my son:

TRADITION: Beliefs or customs taught by one generation to the next (and used a picture of my husband, son and 2 little nephews fishing at the family cabin.) HEROES: You don’t raise heroes, you raise sons. And if you treat them like sons, they’ll turn out to be heroes, even if it’s just in your own eyes. ~Walter M Schirra Sr. (I used a picture of my 12 little nephews and my son.)

HERITAGE: Heritage is a million everyday moments (and used a picture of my husband and son looking at a river)

My son was SO excited when his pages arrived in the mail. He saw the first page and said “Oh, I want that one in my room!” Then he saw the next page and said “Oh, I want that one in my room!” And again when he saw the third one he said the same thing. You would have thought I just bought him a new toy he had always wanted!

Another fun thing you can do with your 12×12 pages is to put a big family picture on it and write a fun quote. I put a photo of my family walking across a bridge with the saying “No road is too long with good company.” I framed it and have it on an easel on my fireplace.


















There are just so many great ideas you can use Heritage Makers products for! Something else you can do (thanks Corissa Beck for the idea) is to mod podge a 12×12 page to a 12×12 ceramic tile! WOW, simply beautiful! You can also design a 12×12 page into 4 different 6×6 images and cut them once you receive the page and mod podge them onto 6×6 tiles! These make great gifts!

























And it doesn’t stop there! Remember the photo cubes from the 70’s… we’ll they’re back! Make 6 3×3 inch boxes on your 12×12 page (or 8.5×11 page). Cut the squares out and put them into the photo cube.


















Great idea: The photos on the cube can match people in the Heritage Makers storybooks in your home. Find the person on the photo cube, then read their story.


MORE GREAT IDEAS!

I did a variation and made 9 4×4 squares from the 12×12 pages. I painted the edge of the 4×4 tiles with glossy black paint, mod podged on my designed squares, and then put adhesive small felt circles from Home Depot on back to protect the table. They do look fabulous! I also made a set of 6×6 tiles with a picture, a word and a quote. And then another set of 6×6 each with one of the 4 HM ways to get started. Thes are in stands on on my display table. - Brenda H.



I make the 12×12 pages and Mod Podge them to 12×12 canvas boards…then they are not breakable (for kids) they are light and can be hung on the wall,framed or displayed on an easel. Thanks for all of the other ideas. I am crazy about making Heritage! - Lori S.



The Power of a Poster...

I have a beautiful template that is ready for YOUR family photos! Outline a favorite family poem, scripture, mission statement, etc. with your favorite family photos. 12x18 and 18x24 posters available - then just put them in a great frame.

























Questions? Want to get started on your own projects? See a template you want? Please contact me!
chris@heritageunwrapped.com
1.801.310.7504

Happy heritage making!

- Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment