Thursday, March 19, 2009

The Heritage of a Name

What's in a name? LOTS!

Names are our own personal banners that we carry with us wherever we go in life.

First names - Perhaps we are named after someone and the name comes with a story - a heritage. That is the case with my daughter Ellie. She is named after my wonderful and beautiful grandmother who has since passed on but we are reminded of her through Ellie - and she is adding her own legacy to the name. I love it!

Sometimes, like in the case of my son Connor, it's the first name the mom and dad agree on, so it becomes a keeper. His name is "new" - and he is building a heritage for it every day - one that will become a legacy even at the mention of his name and perhaps his name will be carried on in generations to come.


Last names always come with a story. They are our heritage in the sum of one word. What the story is...well, that is part of the heritage but we are adding to it every day - for better or for worse.

I LOVE the storybook that my friend, Heidi Arave, did. It is a beautiful discovery and reminder of what their name is all about. In a few pages, it shares her family's values and what they stand for. Her young son recently made a good choice and he said, "I did that because I am an Arave, Mom, and that's what Araves do!"

This is a CORNERSTONE book - one of the four foundation books of building your family's heritage library. I can't wait to make my own.

If you would like me to transfer this template so that you can make your own "What It Means to Be A..." 8x8 Storybook, please let me know and I will transfer the template to your account. (It is a Basic template - No Premier Membership is needed).

Thanks for sharing - again! - Heidi!

You know that commercial that says, "What's in your wallet?" Well, today I am asking...

"What's In YOUR Name?" - That is something we can all decide for ourselves. Live your legacy today!

- Chris

Here is a preview of Heidi's 8x8 Storybook - please let me know if you need an 8x8 publishing credit. These are great gifts too! (Buy More, Save More!)










No comments:

Post a Comment